quarta-feira, 8 de agosto de 2012

Would you face him?

Manaus, Friday, 02:50 p.m, the weather was really hot. I had to go to the bank, I just had ten minutes. The traffic light was red, time to cross the street; suddenly a blue car stopped next to me and the driver who was a tall strong black man looked at me. I was walking toward the crosswalk and again took a look at the blue car and the tall strong black man was still looking at me and taking an X-ray of me. At this moment I felt completely naked. I felt my face getting hot; I think I blushed, so I looked down and walked on. I stopped on the other side of the street and the feeling of being observed was killing me, before crossing the street, my curiosity made me take a look again at that guy, and to my surprise or not, the big black guy was looking at me just like the Wolf used to look at the Little Red Riding Hood. The traffic light then turned green; he drove slowly, smiled and waved at me with his right hand. I smiled in a shy way, nodded my head and ran to the bank. Look, just to be clear, I don’t have any kind of prejudice, but it could have been a hot black woman, couldn’t it?

5 comentários:

  1. Yes.... It could be a hot black woman like Naomi Campbell!!! In any case, I think he wanted you and If it happens with me, I wouldn´t face him.. It seems dangerous.. If he was a serial killer? He could be a headhunter too and if it was truth you missed a great oportunity to show the world your talent!

    ResponderExcluir
  2. That story weirdest teacher, besides facing the heat of Manaus still be observed by a black, was not good, the feeling of being watched is not good, especially when you do not know the true intention of another person.

    ResponderExcluir
  3. The bias's people is hidden in itselt without realize it. For many years the society julged the people by appearance. Because of then difficult to police itself when doing a people julgaments, but we are gradually getting less prejudiced.

    ResponderExcluir
  4. is a reality that already happened with almost everyone, but everyone who already went through this situation are very curious about what do the people who are thinking notes

    ResponderExcluir
  5. Really is complicated this situation. I would not face a situation like this, I don't have prejudice, but I think this very strange. If at least be a hot black woman...hehe...But the true: in the world we live in today is difficult to trust people!

    ResponderExcluir